Texas Border Business
PHARR – Five students at Kennedy Middle School in Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD (PSJA ISD) were recently named State Champions and two advanced to the 2019 National SkillsUSA Skills & Leadership Conference to be held June 24-28, 2019 in Louisville, Kentucky.
The Kennedy Middle School Technology Club Chapter 4439 advanced after competing at the State SkillsUSA Conference held April 4-7, 2019 in Corpus Christi. The students competed in seven events and earned a total of five State Gold Medals!
- Gold Medal – David Hinojosa, 1st place in Job Demonstration A
- Gold Medal – Ricardo Torres, 1st place in Job Demonstration Open
- Gold Medal – Daniel Zacariaz, 1st place in Action Skills
- Gold Medal – Noe Mireles, 1st place in Prepare Speech
- Gold Medal – Emblem Ceremony Team comprised of David Hinojosa, Catalina Galvan, and Noe Mireles
- Bronze Medal – Catalina Galvan, Extemporaneous Speaking
In addition to the five State Champions, David Hinojosa and Ricardo Torres will be competing at the National SkillsUSA competition later this summer.
SkillsUSA Texas is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled work force. The Kennedy Middle School team is under the direction of PSJA Mathematics teacher Maximo Salinas.
Congratulations to the students and their sponsor!