Presentations on City of McAllen bond election proposed projects to be discussed
Texas Border Business
- District 1 Commissioner Javier Villalobos
- District 4 Commissioner Aida Ramirez
- District 5 Commissioner John Ingram
- District 6 Commissioner Veronica Whitacre
WHAT: Town hall meetings on proposed projects in upcoming bond election
WHEN & WHERE:
- Tues., April 10, 2018, 5:30 p.m. at Town Lake at Firemen’s Park, 201 N. 1st St., McAllen
- Mon., April 16, 2018, 5:30 p.m. at Palm View Community Center, 3401 Jordan Rd. W
- Tues., April 17, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. at McAllen Public Library, 4001 N. 23rd St.
- Tues., April 18, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at Lark Community Center, 2601 Lark Ave.
- Thurs., April 26, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at Tres Lagos Community Center, 5100 Tres Lagos Blvd.
In an effort to inform their constituents regarding election proposed projects in the upcoming City of McAllen bond, McAllen City Commissioners will host a series of town hall meetings in various districts around town where presentations on the propositions will be given. Attendees will be given an opportunity to ask questions, review material and become more familiar with the projects.
Additionally, commissioners will be on hand to answer constituents’ questions and concerns about the proposed tax impact, as well as provide information on early voting locations and times.
“This event is open to everyone who has questions about these projects and the bond election impact,” said Mayor Jim Darling. “If anyone needs more information about this election, they should attend any one of these town hall meetings or visit the website, www.mcallen.net/bond2018 to find out more.”