McAllen Locations Implement Strict Safety Measures for Dine-In Service
Texas Border Business
MCALLEN, Texas – Following Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s announcement to allow certain businesses to reopen, Cowboy Chicken locations in McAllen, Texas, (1020 W. Nolana Ave. and 3400 W. Expressway 83) have resumed dining room operations effective May 1. For guests that are more comfortable not dining in, both locations will continue to serve a full menu of wood-fired rotisserie chicken, handmade Wild West sides and more through curbside pick-up, pronto pick-up and delivery.
The Dallas-based eatery has always prioritized food safety and sanitation. Since the onset of COVID-19, Cowboy Chicken has implemented even stricter guidelines including:
- Initiating in-store social distancing measures like floor markers and removing tables and chairs so that those who choose to dine-in can do so comfortably and safely.
- Introducing curbside service to limit person-to-person contact. All staff also are wearing face coverings and gloves for curbside pickup.
- Maintaining constant and strict handwashing techniques, wearing gloves at all times, and changing them frequently.
- Regularly disinfecting high-touch areas such as doors, drink machines, payment devices, and countertops.
- Continuing to follow the highest food and safety standards possible.
“We appreciate the support, trust and generosity of our guests during this challenging time,” says Alvie Britton. “As we deal with ongoing changes, the health and safety of our team and guests will continue to be our top priority.”
Cowboy Chicken continues to stay up to date on recommendations from both state and local governments as well as the Texas Restaurant Association. Please visit the Cowboy Chicken Facebook page and website to stay updated on any changes in service. The McAllen locations are open daily from 11 a.m.-9 p.m.