Route 9 service temporarily suspended
Texas Border Business
Effective tomorrow, Friday, March 27, 2020, the following Metro McAllen transit service bus route is temporarily suspended:
- Route 9 servicing Bicentennial Blvd; and Dove Ave.; 23rd St. and 107; UTRGV; 23rd St. and Orchid Ave.; and the McAllen Public Library.
- Fixed Routes 1-7 and Paratransit Service are currently operating as scheduled. Metro McAllen Transit Department continues to receive authoritative communication from government officials and will make appropriate adjustments to its services if and when necessary.
Local stories, local readers: Advertise with us!
Metro McAllen is enforcing the following public safety actions for the transit system:
- Maintain social distancing from other passengers. A minimum of six feet is recommended by the CDC and required by the Hidalgo County Emergency Order. Seating indicated by a red “X” cannot be occupied.
- Transit management will allow no more than 50% passenger capacity on each transit vehicle.
- If a transit vehicle is at the 50% maximum capacity, passengers who want to board the vehicle will not be allowed to board.
- Standing and holding on to handrails will not be allowed; please take a designated seat.
- Passengers must cover coughs and/or sneezes.
- Before and after arriving at the destination, washing one’s hands at least 20 seconds and often, or the use of a hand sanitizer is strongly recommended.
Temporary operating hours for the downtown bus central station are Monday-Sunday, 5:00 a.m. until 12:30 a.m. From 12:30 a.m. until 5:00 a.m., the downtown central station will be closed for enhanced cleaning.
- Social distancing is enforced.
- Customers for Subway within central station are limited to carry-out only.
- Only ticketed passengers or persons purchasing tickets are allowed in central station.
Metro McAllen values its customers and places a premium on public and employee safety. The public’s cooperation is appreciated until the necessary public safety measures are lifted.
“We are in this together. We are #McAllenStrong.”