- WHAT: 2020 SeaPerch Challenge Regional Competition
- WHEN: Friday, Jan. 17, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- WHERE: Brownsville ISD Aquatic Center, 2901 FM802, Brownsville, Texas
Texas Border Business
By Letty Fernandez
BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS – Approximately 140 Rio Grande Valley high school students will compete Jan. 17 in the 2020 SeaPerch Challenge hosted by UTRGV in partnership with the U.S. Navy.
Students competing in this regional event, which will be held at the Brownsville ISD Aquatic Center, will utilize their robotics, engineering, science, and mathematics skills while building an underwater remotely operated vehicle (ROV) as part of the competition.
A total of 28 teams made up of five students each are judged on their robot’s design, as well as the accuracy of their aquatic droid in navigating through an underwater obstacle course.
The schedule for the day includes the following:
· 7:30 a.m. – Students arrive at venue.
· 8:30 a.m. – Short program with welcome remarks.
· 9 a.m. – Competition begins.
· 3:30 p.m. – Awards ceremony.
First and second place winners will advance to the National SeaPerch Challenge, May 30-31, 2020, at the University of Maryland.
For more information, click here.