Texas Border Business
HARLINGEN – The Texas Veterans Commission presented the Community Service Agency with $300,000 as part of the General Assistance Grant during a ceremony at the VA Health Care Center in Harlingen today. The money will go towards the Operation Bravo Zulu program, which dedicated to assisting honorably discharged veterans in Hidalgo County helping low-income veterans pay their utility bills.
Commission Chairman Eliseo “Al” Cantu presented the check to CSA Director Jaime Longoria and Precinct 1 Commissioner David L. Fuentes.
“We are so thankful to the Texas Veterans Commission for selecting Hidalgo County for this grant,” said Longoria. “This money will go a long way in helping veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much for our country.”
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an honorably discharged veteran currently living in Hidalgo County
- Fall 200 percent below the Federal Poverty Line for income
- Complete an application at CSA
- Provide a DD-214 form or other military documentation
- You must have 2019 VA benefits letter.
If you have questions about the Bravo Zulu program or how to apply, call the Community Service Agency at 956-383-6240.