Texas Border Business
EDINBURG, TX – Hidalgo County Precinct 4 hurricane debris removal will begin this week with a target date of Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Precinct 4 staff is working with disaster debris contractors and will launch the recovery efforts to assist county residents with Hurricane Hanna recovery and clean up. Items to be collected include loose piles of yard waste, including tree limbs, branches, and leaves, along with construction debris such as building materials, carpet, drywall, plumbing, lumber, and large bulky items such as mattresses, furniture, and white goods.
Precinct 4 residents are urged to separate all items into three different piles: 1. vegetative debris, 2. construction debris, and 3. white goods. These piles must be placed on the county’s right-of-way. Please do not place items in bar ditches or culvert pipe areas. No pickup will be done inside private property. We will try to complete this process as quickly as possible. Separating your debris will assist us in moving through our communities quicker.
Due to jurisdiction boundaries, Precinct 4 staff and the debris removal team will only be able to pick up debris on county roads; all debris must be placed on county right of way. Streets not eligible include state roads and private roads.
Important things to remember about storm debris collection for Precinct 4 residents:
- Keep your yard waste and construction debris in separate piles on the county’s right-of-way.
- Do not use bags for yard waste (it makes it impossible to recycle/mulch)
- Cut up trees and branches to 4’ foot lengths.
- White goods include refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, washer and dryer, air conditioners, stoves, etc.
- DO NOT place debris around storm drains or inside ditches or culvert pipes.
- No tires will be picked up.
- M Road Recovery Center located at 1124 N. “M” Road in Edinburg, TX., will be operating regular working hours from 7:30 AM – 6 PM Monday through Friday and 7:30 AM -12 PM on Saturday. Hurricane construction debris and white goods ONLY will be accepted here.
- Brush Site, located on the corner of Davis and Terry, will be operating regular working hours from 7:30 AM- 6 PM Monday through Friday and 7:30 AM – 12 PM Saturday. Hurricane vegetative debris ONLY will be accepted here.
For more information please call Hidalgo County Precinct 4 at (956) 383-3112.