Texas Border Business
Written by Colleen Curran Hook, Executive Director of Quinta Mazatlán
Dear Quinta Mazatlán families,
We are happy to offer great programs with amazing teachers this summer for your children. We worked hard to adapt our programs and day camps to provide a safe and memorable experience for your family.
We have put in place the best health practices and will continue to adjust and follow any new guidelines.
- Staff undergoes a health screen per shift
- Protective equipment has been installed including counter shields
- The buildings are sanitized frequently
- Hand sanitizer stations are offered for visitors
- Best health practice signage is posted to remind all
- Programs are limited in size with a dedicated teacher
- Students asked to bring their own Supply Bag (water bottle, snacks, pencils, crayons, scissors, etc.)
- Students will be asked to sanitize their hands frequently
Quinta Mazatlán is uniquely positioned to provide a great many programs outdoors in shaded areas. Please know your child’s health and safety will be our first priority.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide you and your family a safe and educational summer with opportunities to grow and explore!
Quinta Mazatlan Hours:
Tuesday to Saturday 8 am – 5 pm, Thursday’s till Dark
$3 Adults $2 Seniors & Youth, Children 2 & Under Free
Nature Discovery Day Camps
Amazing Summer Staff: Naturalist Lynette leads our Nature Art Camp
Naturalist Mario Leads Wilderness Survival Camp
Quinta Mazatlán’s half-day camps encourage a healthy connection to the natural world and engage children’s curiosity through outdoor play and environmental science education activities. Each camp features outdoor adventures, games, art, exploration, and new friendships.
Registration is required by visiting www.mcallenparks.net, online registration is available 7 days a week—24 hours. Click on the “Community Center” tab and you’ll see the next steps to “Register for Programs”.