Texas Border Business
The City of McAllen will be celebrating the South Pole Illuminated Festival, presented by H-E-B, by bringing back magical experiences for the holidays for the entire Rio Grande Valley community, starting on November 30, 2022 and continuing through January 1, 2023, taking place at the McAllen Convention Center, 700 Convention Ctr. Blvd.. The 33-day event will unveil the tallest RGB Christmas Tree in America, spanning over 10 stories tall. The digital red, green, blue color light model tree will be just one aspect of helping guests to experience a walking journey through millions of lights featuring:
- The McAllen Convention Center’s Illuminated Oval Park, featuring 24 new, giant color-changing trees, recreated snowfall and Santa’s Castle
- A new South Pole & Beyond Lighted Lantern Exhibit, with over 100 new giant holiday and space-themed lanterns
- Photos with Santa
- South Pole Express Train Rides
- Gingerbread Village to craft very own gingerbread houses
- Hot Chocolate & smores station
- Holiday Food Curt
- NASA photo exhibit
- The South Pole Artisan Market, to find favorite hand-crafted holiday gifts
- A Holiday Carnival featuring, a giant rerris wheel, a double decker carousel, and a rollercoaster.
- Daily holiday concerts and community performances.
- South Pole Fireworks Spectacular show on the weekends.
This year, H-E-B is excited to celebrate beloved Latino holiday traditions with two special community days at the South Pole of Texas. On Friday December 16, 2022, families will enjoy a Tamalada & Children’s Workshop. Then, on Friday, December 30, 2022, guests will be treated to H-E-B’s rosca, with warm H-E-B Café Ole!
As a special recognition and appreciation of the many community organizations throughout the Rio Grande Valley that exemplify the heart of the community, the South Pole Illuminated Festival’s return will also feature 12 Days of Giving, presented by H-E-B Helping Here. Each special night, H-E-B will be honoring a non-profit organization from the Rio Grande Valley with a donation to help them further their outreach and impact in the community.
Tickets are available at www.southpoleoftexas.com or at the McAllen Convention Center Box Office. Please follow the South Pole Illuminated Festival on social media for the full event calendar.
Finally, giveaway chances for tickets and other prizes are ready to kick off the South Pole Illuminated Festival. To enter, participants must decorate their home or office with all the Christmas cheer and post a photo on social media, using #southpoleoftexas. Ticket winners will be selected daily.
South Pole Illuminated Festival is presented by H-E-B and powered by Boggus Ford, McAllen International Airport, Metro McAllen, and Reliant.