Texas Border Business
GROWING THE ECONOMY TO NEW HEIGHTS: The American economy continues its strong growth under President Donald J. Trump, with GDP growth reaching 4.1% in the second quarter.
- With GDP growth reaching 4.1% in Q2 of 2018, it’s clear that President Trump is delivering on his promise to revitalize the American economy.
- GDP growth is one of the most important economic indicators and shows that America is continuing to grow more and more prosperous under President Trump.
- Average annual growth has been a strong 2.8% over the past four quarters.
- During President Obama’s 8 years in office, GDP growth averaged just 1.9%.
- If our current pace continues, we are on track to see the economy grow over the course of a calendar year by more than 3% for the first time in 13 years.
DEFYING THE CRITICS: Under President Trump, the economy is achieving the kind of growth critics derided as unrealistic.
- The Administration has long maintained that implementing the President’s pro-growth economic agenda would lead to at least 3% growth, a prediction met and exceeded in Q2.
- GDP is now on track for 3.1% growth in 2018, a level of growth that was previously dismissed by the media and economic “experts” as unrealistic.
- Larry Summers, said 3% annual growth was “fair enough if you believe in tooth-fairies.”
- The Los Angeles Times’ Michael Hiltzik called 3% annual growth a “pipe dream.”
- Recent growth stands in stark contrast to the absurd claim by Paul Krugman in 2016 that President Trump’s Presidency would lead to a “global recession.”
AN ECONOMIC RESURGENCE: The latest GDP figures show President Trump’s pro-growth economic agenda is delivering exactly what it promised.
- President Trump’s historic tax cuts and deregulation have been key in making higher economic growth possible.
- Money held overseas is flooding back to the United States following President Trump’s tax cuts and reforms, with companies repatriating a record $306 billion in Q1 of 2018.
- A stronger economy means more job creation, with more than 3.2 million nonfarm payroll jobs created since President Trump took office.
- Under President Trump, the number of job openings has surpassed the number of job seekers for the first time on record.
- Around two-thirds of Americans believe now is a good time to find a quality job, according to Gallup.
The Trump boom even the media can’t ignore
Last week’s jobs report has shined a light on the incredible gains American workers are seeing in the Trump Economy. The media, both liberal and conservative, can’t ignore the story of this remarkable turnaround:
- THE NEW YORK TIMES: Workers Hardest Hit by Recession Are Joining in Recovery
- FOX BUSINESS: Millions Drop Off Food Stamps
- THE HILL: Employment Data Hasn’t Been This Good Since the Days of the iPod
- CHICAGO TRIBUNE: This Is What a Booming Economy Feels Like
Unemployment dipped to 3.9 percent last week—just the eighth time since 1970 it has fallen below 4 percent. (And nearly half of those occasions happened in 2018.)
Most important is who is benefitting. President Donald J. Trump promised to look out for Americans from every corner of the country, not the well-connected and powerful. He’s delivered. “The least educated American workers, who took the hardest hit in the Great Recession . . . are a striking symbol of a strong economy,” The New York Times reports.