Speech to highlight McAllen’s accomplishments over past year, vision for future, address national issues
Texas Border Business
Featuring the 2019 McAllen State of the City Address with Mayor Jim Darling and the McAllen City Commission. Master of Ceremony: Tim Smith, Chief Meteorologist, KRGV Channel 5 News.
Mayor Darling’s annual McAllen State of the City is once again a complete sell-out! Over 1,000 people will be in attendance to hear not only the highlights McAllen for the past year, as well as its vision for the future, but also, to see Mayor Darling’s always memorable and entertaining
To view the event LIVE:
- Live-stream at www.mcallen.net;
- Watch live on Spectrum cable digital channel MCN 1300;
- Watch live on KRGV-5.2, Somos el Valle, Spectrum cable digital channel 1240.
Along with McAllen City Commissioners, Mayor Darling will talk about issues and services important to the McAllen community. He’ll highlight the City of McAllen’s accomplishment and goals for the future and address issues affecting not only McAllen but also the region. Other topics will be the continued strength of McAllen’s economy, including development around the city, as well as other quality of life projects, focusing on all of those elements that enhance the community and make McAllen such a magical place.
Mayor Darling will also highlight different individuals and organizations that contribute to the overall success of the city,from safety to livability.
Sponsors for the McAllen State of the City Address include:
- DIAMOND: IBC Bank; Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, L.L.P.; South Texas Health System
- TITANIUM: Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez, L.L.P; Dannenbaum Engineering Cooperation; L&F Distributors, the LaMantia and Peisen Family; McAllen-Hidalgo & Anzalduas International Bridges; McAllen Public Utility; Med-Care EMS; UETA: Vantage Bank & Inter National Bank;
- PLATINUM: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance; Dykema Cox Smith; H-E-B; The McAllen Housing Authority; St. John River Group; The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.