Texas Border Business
RIO GRANDE VALLEY – The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced on Thursday that individual tickets for UTRGV volleyball matches during the 2020-21 season are now on sale.
A limited number of seats are available as UTRGV Athletics is capping capacity at the UTRGV Fieldhouse at 230 fans comprising current UTRGV students, season ticket holders, individual match ticket holders, corporate partners, and families of student-athletes and coaches.
The UTRGV Fieldhouse has capacity for 2,500 spectators. Limiting capacity to 230 allows for proper social distancing among fans, staff and student-athletes.
Tickets for UTRGV’s seven scheduled home matches can be purchased online at UTRGVTickets.com.
Tickets must be purchased by 12 p.m. on the day of the match for the 6 p.m. contests on Feb 8 against New Mexico State, Feb. 16 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, March 1 against California Baptist, and March 15 against Utah Valley.
Tickets must be purchased by 5 p.m. the day before the match for the 12 p.m. contests on Feb. 9 against New Mexico State, March 2 against California Baptist and March 16 against Utah Valley.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $7 for current UTRGV faculty and staff and senior citizens (65+) and $5 for kids ages 3-17.
Fans will receive electronic tickets via a text message to the phone number associated with theUTRGVTickets.com account.
UTRGV students can pick up their tickets for free by presenting their UTRGV student ID’s at the UTRGV Fieldhouse starting one hour before each match.
Additional safety measures at the UTRGV Fieldhouse include:
- Social distancing markers at the entry gate and strictly enforced to allow for social distancing.
- Face masks are required to be worn properly by all fans, media and staff present inside the UTRGV Fieldhouse. The CDC defines wearing a mask correctly as covering the nose and mouth and securing it around the chin, trying to fit in snugly against the side of the face. The CDC does not recommend using masks with an exhalation valve or vent. Neck gaiters, bandanas and similar items are not acceptable alternatives to face masks. Children ages 2 and under are not required to wear masks.
- All fans, media, staff and student-athletes will be subject to a temperature test prior to entry. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.0°F will be taken to a cooling off area prior to a secondary temperature screening. Employees or guests confirmed to have a temperature over 100.0°F or exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 will not be allowed entry to the property.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures will be implemented prior to and during all home matches.
- Hand sanitization stations have been installed in all public areas.
- The UTRGV Bookstore kiosk for gear purchases has been relocated to the gazebo at the center of Vaquero Village to allow for social distancing.
- The UTRGV Pep Band will not perform at home matches.
- Current UTRGV students will be admitted free of charge on a first come-first serve basis. All seats in the student section will be socially distanced.
- Face coverings will be required to be worn by all customers and staff at all times.
- Concessions staff will wear gloves.
- Condiment stands will be eliminated. Pre-packaged condiments, wrapped straws and napkins will be distributed upon request by staff with each food order.
- Menu offerings will be limited to the most high-demand, fan favorite items for speed of service and efficiency.
- Food items will be wrapped or pre-packaged and offered in easy-to-carry bags along with packaged utensils.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at all concession points of sale to protect customers and staff.
- Floor decals have been installed to properly queue lines and maintain social distancing. Fans waiting in line will be asked to maintain at least six feet distance from other customers.
- A regular cleaning schedule with an emphasis on disinfecting commonly touched surfaces with antibacterial spray will be employed.
- Eating and drinking is only allowed outdoors in Vaquero Village. Fans can remove their face masks only while actively eating and drinking.
- The men’s restroom will allow six guests at a time. The women’s restroom will allow four guests at the time.
- Select stalls and urinals will be blocked off to allow for social distancing.
- New paper towel dispensers have been installed for safety.
- A regular cleaning schedule with an emphasis for disinfecting commonly touched surfaces with antibacterial spray is being employed.
- At the end of the match, fans will be prompted to exit by section by the public address announcer to avoid crowding.
Fans unable to attend the matches in person can watch every home match for free online through the WAC Digital Network at WACDigitalNetwork.com. Links to watch road matches are available on the schedule pages at GoUTRGV.com.
“Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, fans, opponents and officials,” UTRGV Vice President and Director of Athletics Chasse Conque said. “We have been working hand-in-hand with the University’s coronavirus task force to create these protocols. We feel confident that this plan will allow us to keep everyone safe as we host our first matches in over eight months.”
Should any match be canceled, at the end of the season, UTRGV volleyball season ticket holders will have the option to either donate the balance paid for those matches to the V Club, receive a credit good for fall 2021 volleyball season tickets, or receive a refund.
Questions regarding tickets should be directed to the UTRGV Ticket Sales and Operations team of Carlos Munoz and Tiffany Ochoa at email@example.com.