Texas Border Business
In an effort to increase Census response rates in Hidalgo County, the Census team has created and launched a Friday Night Lights campaign. The football-themed competition will follow a 13-week challenge in which it will bring each school district head-to-head to compete for the highest response rate record.
Here are the rules:
- Every school district will “play” against each other over 13 weeks. With two new teams being highlighted for the “Game of the Week” each week.
- The school district with the highest Census response rate increase within that week will be the winner of the head-to-head matchup. Each week’s response rate is independent; response rates will be compared every Thursday afternoon.
- School district geographical boundaries will be analyzed by Census tract to identify response rate increases.
- Similar to football, each district will have a win-to-loss ratio, indicating their performance record.
- The districts with the highest records at the end of the 13 weeks will be the winners.