The time has changed from 5 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. for the street closures.
Texas Border Business
EDINBURG, TEXAS – The City of Edinburg, UTRGV and the Chamber of Commerce will celebrate Edinburg’s Annual Night of Lights Parade Friday, Dec. 6.
The parade will begin at 7 p.m. on the corner of University Drive and Sugar Road and will end near the Hidalgo County Courthouse.
The following streets and parking lots surrounding the UTRGV Edinburg Campus will be closed:
· The South side of parking lot E-9 (located off the 700 block of N. Sugar Road) will be closed all day Friday. The North side will remain open with all exits and entrances open as usual until 5:15 p.m. The Northeast corner entrance/exit of the parking lot will remain open after 5:15 p.m.
· Access to the campus from W. University Drive via N. Sugar Road will be unavailable starting at 5:15 p.m.
· N. Sugar Road will be closed from Schunior Street to University Drive to thru traffic on Friday at 5:15 p.m. All access on the South side of the campus through University Drive will remain closed throughout the parade until approximately 10 p.m.
· Monitoring points will be assigned between the closure limits to assist employees that need to exit parking lot E-7 (located near the intersection of N. Sugar Road and W. Kuhn Street) and all other parking lots located on the South side of the campus. It is recommended that employees exit the campus parking lots by no later than 5:15 p.m. otherwise detouring would be required through the E-7 parking lot exit onto N. Sugar Road
· After 5:15 p.m., those needing to access the Edinburg campus will need to do so via W. Schunior Street and N. Nevarez Drive.
For questions or concerns, contact UTRGV Parking and Transportation at 956-665-2738, or the UTRGV Police Department at 956-882-7777