Texas Border Business
PHARR – The Texas Department of Transportation announce several closures of the 10th and 23rd Streets turn-arounds at Interstate 2 in McAllen, TX. Anderson Columbia, a TxDOT contractor, will be raising the existing westbound 10th and 23rd St. bridges to improve vertical clearance.
- 10th Street frontage turn-arounds will be closed from June 1st to June 4th from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- 23rd Street frontage turn arounds will be closed from June 3rd to June 6th from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
Main lanes will continue to operate as they currently are. Frontage roads will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
After the bridges are lifted, northbound and southbound lanes of 10th Street between Lindberg Ave and Savannah Ave will be closed on June 3rd at 9PM. Lanes will reopen at 5:00AM on June 4th.
Northbound and southbound lanes of 23rd Street between Newport Ave and Colbath Ave will be closed at 9PM on June 5th. Lanes will reopen at 5:00AM on June 6th.
The Bicentennial Project aims to provide better access, enhance safety and provide safer accommodations for bikes and pedestrians. The project includes:
- Replacing the I-2 underpass at Bicentennial Boulevard with an overpass
- Raising the bridges (overpasses) on 23rd Street and 10th Street
- Changing entrance and exit ramps along I-2
- Resurfacing I-2 from FM 2220 to McColl Road
- Utility, sidewalk and crosswalk signal improvements