Texas Border Business
Pre-registration online ONLY for all eligible to receive the vaccine
City of McAllen officials, in conjunction with the McAllen Independent School District and Hidalgo County, will be hosting a first dose COVID-19 Moderna vaccine clinic on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at the McAllen Convention Center, 700 Convention Center Boulevard, starting at 8:00 a.m. for all pre-registered individuals who are eligible to receive the Moderna vaccine under State of Texas guidelines.
Pre-registration begins today at 10:00 a.m. and can be done online ONLY at www.hidalgocounty.us/vaccine.
There are 1,000 vaccines available for this COVID-19 vaccine clinic hosted by the City of McAllen. Due to the number of vaccines available, please expect a short window of opportunity to be able to register online.
The website will not be functional until 10:00 a.m. Online registrants should expect some lag time and because of the limited number of vaccines available and a high demand for registration, the online registration may fill up very quickly.
Based on previous vaccine clinics, McAllen officials are advising the following for those attending the vaccine clinic on Thursday:
- Bring ID and proof of medical condition (current medication, a prescription from their doctor)
- Bring clearance letter from their physician
- People are encouraged to bring water and snacks
- There could be periods of waiting and sitting in your vehicle
- Children 17 and under should not be in the clinic
- Those seeking vaccines with mobility concerns may bring one person to help them
Vaccines will be administered by McAllen I.S.D. school nurses and Hidalgo County Health and Human Services Department nurses.